About Me

My photo
Hello everyone!

My name is Marc Goldstein and hopefully throughout the coming months you will get to know me a little bit better. Currently I am a senior at Towson University as well as an intern for a Baltimore based e-commerce company. My e-commerce company designs, builds, manages, and markets websites.

The purpose of this blog is to be a resource for aspiring internet marketers to check out what is Actually going on in the internet marketing world, instead of relying on their college professors, newspapers, or the Harvard Business Review.

I hope my readers find my blog not only informative, but funny as well. I like funny.

Lastly, please remember...whether in person or by e-mail, marc-goldstein@live.com, always feel comfortable talking to me about my blog, twitter account, or anything else online marketing.

Marc

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Facebook Ads: Awesome or Annoying?

Hello everyone! When popping onto Facebook, (I am going to guess for most of you…this happen on the daily) do you pay attention to the 3 advertisements on the side bar of Facebook’s profile pages?




If you don’t you should start taking notice. The great thing about Facebook ads is they are specifically directed towards you. The user. When liking a product, adding information to your interests section, or becoming a fan of a page, you enable Facebook to use your given data to display Ads you will most likely be interested in.

A quality example:

The other day I was on Facebook and an Ad for a 2 for 1 deal, regarding MGMT concert tickets, popped up in the advertisement’s section. Being that MGMT is one of my favorite bands (P.S. MGMT is in my interest section under favorite music section on Facebook) I decided, “Hey, I’m gonna check out this Ad.” And after checking out the website I chose to partake in the 2 tickets for the price of 1 deal.

If Facebook did not direct its Ads specifically towards my taste and interests, I would have never purchased or even known about the deal for the MGMT show at the Borgata in Atlantic City. Thank you Facebook Ads. You Are Awesome.




This leads me to ask the Question of the Week:

What do you think about advertising on Facebook?





For more information about Facebook Ads click:

Facebook Ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey what's up? What do you think?